Hi,
Loggers are gone: your server.xml <Logger> element is invalid and should
be removed.

For configuring commons-logging with Tomcat, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#commonsLoggingLog4j.  If
you're unfamiliar with commons-logging or want to learn more about it,
check out the user guide at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html.

Note that for people who don't care much about logging,
System.out/System.err still behave as before, and the ServletContext#log
method works without any special configuration.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.