Hi,
It needs JRE 5.0 (not SDK or JDK, this is a big difference), and can run
on 1.4.

5.5.1 is not out yet, give it a couple of days as we fix this first
round of bugs reported for 5.5.0 and add more enhancements.  Changes are
being committed to CVS HEAD if you want to build a release yourself of
course.

For people who want nightlies or Gump builds, check
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-5/nightly/ and
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/buildLog.html, but you're on your
own with these pretty much ;)

Yoav Shapira