On Mon Sep 06 00:40:14 CEST 2004 Matt Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Steffen,

Many thanks for the response. The reason we stuck with
3.2.4 was because of stability. However, as we have
become more successful our systems have been receiving
heavier loads and thus, the Threadpool exhausted
problem.

Regarding stability/reliability (uptime is a greater
concern for us than performance), would you recommend
5.0 over 4.x or vice versa?

Also curious if anyone has experienced thread pool
problems (or successes) with medium to high load
systems under either 4.x or 5.0.

Thanks again,
Matt

What OS are you running? Last week I tweaked glibc of debian 3.0 to support more threads, because the defaults are quite low for heavily threaded programs.

Ronald.