De : Robert Bateman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : lundi 16 août 2004 20:42
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Re: Customizing BASIC authentication

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here...

Also be aware that non-protected pages will not provide you with a value to
request.getRemoteUser().  I had assumed I could get the remote user from any

page once the user logged in, but it doesn't work as I expected.  I believe
there *was* a bug report over on the TC bugzilla system and the response I
remember was that the system was working as designed.

Bob