Hi Ben,

You appear to be right that this euro encoding is a right bastard. I have no idea how
I have it working on our production server now.

I have created a mini-webapp for anyone on this list who cares to have a go at this;

www.adcworks.com/encode.zip

Unzip this into an encode folder in your tomcat webapps. Source is included in
WEB-INF.

Request the url

http://yourserver/encode/encode.jsp

5 euro symbols should be in the text field. submit this and it goes to a servlet that
encodes the request as Cp1252 which includes euro. it then sends the string down the
response stream as Cp1252 and it gets mashed up.

I have tried setting all encoding to utf-8 also but no go.

I have to admit I am stumped now

Anyone..? Anyone..? Bueller..? Bueller..?