Hola,

>Shapira, Yoav said:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Why don't you want to invalidate the old one?
>
>Mainly because the case that brought up this problem is the tester
>using the File->New->New window command, then browsing to a
>bookmarked URL for the login page.  They need to be able to
>continue using the old session in the old window, and the new
>session in the new window.
>--matt hoover

IMHO, it's one thing to fix bugs reported by testers, and a good thing
at that.  But it's another to tweak basic concepts like one user = one
session (at a time) just for a tester or test case.  So I'd tell him/her
to adjust his/her testing process.

But if you can't or don't want to do that, we're back to your original
question.  I don't think there's a way to force Tomcat to create new
sessions as you desire, especially without invalidating the old one.  To
have such a way means Tomcat supports session handling in ways not
described in the Servlet Specification, and that's a no-no for us.

However, we do give you this option if you're willing to write some
code.  Extend the standard manager to have the behavior you want.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/manager.html for
the doc and
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/s
hare/org/apache/catalina/session/ for the source code of the relevant
classes.

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.