Hi everyone

I too was having trouble starting the server and thanks everyone for your help but what I found was that with the latest tomcat server you need to have the latest java JRE version 5. Try installing the latest from http://java.sun.com/j2se version 5 or later and set an environment variable named JAVA_HOME to the pathname of the directory into which you installed the JRE. Full instructions are with the tomcat server package on RUNNING.txt

Bye for now and thanks everyone for your help

Brian Roberts

At 06:01 AM 21/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
It was a typo and CATALINA_HOME is actually set to C:\Tomcat.
I actually installed tomcat onto folder named
C:\softwares\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27 In this folder i have all bin, common and other folders.
But while i am setting class path it is taking lot of place so i moved all the folders from above folder structure and into C:\Tomcat and i think that should be OK.
For more information i am using windows XP professional OS.
Thanks a lot for reply but i am still unable to start the server.Any help is highly appreciated.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Suggestion: A dedicated TOMCAT forum!
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:54:24 +0800 (WST)

Hi Suresh,

Just by looking at your startup output it seems to be that you have set
your environment variable CATALINA_HOME to C:\Tomca and NOT C:\Tomcat as
it should be. Also ensure that your SDK installation exists in C:\Java as
this is what your JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to. Try doing this
and re-run your server and in theory you shouldn't have any problems.

Kindest Regards,
Matt Anderson

See you later, Brian Roberts