Hi,
Nope, I can't help unfortunately.  I used Tomcat 4.1 for years
connecting to Oracle 8i and 9i, and I continue to do so now with Tomcat
5.0 and 5.5.  Maybe I'm just lucky, but the docs (specifically the JDBC
DataSources how-to) have always worked for me out of the box.  I've
never seen the error you describe.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

exception...just
>after couple of requests..
>maxActive :20
>maxIdle :10
>mxWait :10000
>removeAbandoned :true
>"org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection,
pool
>exhausted, cause:
>java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object "
>
>And if i use this below configuration i get ORA:00020 exception...
>maxActive :0
>maxIdle :0
>mxWait :0
>removeAbandoned :true
>
>Can you please help---i have been looking into this since 2 days and
still
>it doesn't work...

and notify the sender.  Thank you.