Try changing the docbase from ROOT TO ROOT.war.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Mon Oct 11 13:39:17 2004
To:     Tomcat Users List
Subject:        RE: [Possible bug?] Context configurations and .WAR deployment

Hello,

I will try including what I have in ROOT.xml as context.xml in META-INF,
and then remove the ROOT.xml each time I remove the webapps/ROOT tree to
copy in a new ROOT.war into webapps.

However, here is what is in my ROOT.xml right now (that is causing the
problem of ROOT.war not being expanded when ROOT.xml is updated):

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/DB">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>200</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>30</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>test</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>testpassword</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://10.0.0.1:3306/net_basic?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>
</Context>

Thank you,