From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 13, 2004 10:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: DataSourceRealm vs. Administration Tool - A bug?

Hi,
Thank you for posting your solutions -- hopefully others find it useful.

>Surely if this is not fixed in Tocmat 4.1.31 it should be considered as
>fix necessary for 4.1.32 (when does the 4.1.x line end?).

See, this exactly was why I didn't want a 4.1.31 release.  For the vast
majority of Tomcat developers, the 4.1.x line "ended" a long time ago. But
recently a couple of committers wanted to do a 4.1.31 maintenance release.
I and others argued against it, but we lost mostly due to a procedural
constraint in how the ASF operates.

So now you have the 4.1.31 release, and the perception that the 4.1 line is
active.  It's not.  Anyone who can should upgrade to 5.0 ASAP.  This has
been the message for a while, and it continues to be the message now.  As
you see, no one else answered this thread except me, and I only answered to
this effect, not helping you with the actual problem (because I don't know
the answer and I don't have time to waste on 4.1, but thankfully you've
solved it yourself by now).

Yoav

sender.  Thank you.