I don't know, perhaps if dns had an alternative to redirect some domain
("http://www.something.com") to port 8080, them the only need to use apache
would be performance, thus for simplicity, I think that only Tomcat could
work fine, but how many times does apache do the work in static page
compared to Tomcat?   And if I'm use apache and use some perl script like
modjk that uses an interpreted language, that as we already know isn't fast,
does the overall time of serving static and dinamic pages using apache be
less than the overall time of serving static and dinamic pages using Tomcat?
        You should consider that redirecting a page has some overhead, and many
time when the two servers isn't so coupled, it has some increase in trafic.