From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: tomcat 5.0.29 service start problem (JNI)

> From: shyam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: tomcat 5.0.29 service start problem (JNI)
>
> I have enough memory . I have set it up to use 1500mb where as I have
> enough ram of 2000.

This has nothing to do with physical memory.  The maximum heap size is
dependent on the largest contiguous virtual space available in the 2GB
that Windows provides for each user process.  Unfortunately, this space
is fragmented by various DLLs that Windows preloads for you, so the
biggest chunk you can use is noticeably smaller.  I suspect the recently
applied updates reduced this largest contiguous area, resulting in JVM
initialization errors.  You'll need to experiment with -Xmx to find the
largest value that works in your current environment.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.