OK, I'm coming in a little late to this thread.  Here is my
configuration for a "typical" web application using mod_jk2.so.

I am running this on Fedora Core 2 with httpd 2.0.52 and Tomcat 5.0.28.

httpd.conf
==========

#
# general section - for all virtual hosts
#
LoadModule jk2_module         modules/mod_jk2.so

#
# particular virtual host
#
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName lvh.mdeggers.org
  ServerAlias lvh
  DocumentRoot "/home/apache/lvh"

  ErrorLog logs/lvh-error.log
  LogLevel warn
  CustomLog logs/lvh-access.log common

#
# Directory for application
#
  <Directory "/home/tomcat/lvh/beg-servlets">
     Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from 192.168.1
     Allow from 127.0.0.1
  </Directory>

  <Directory "/home/tomcat/lvh/beg-servlets/WEB-INF">
    AllowOverride None
    Deny from all
  </Directory>

#
# Aliases
#
  Alias /beg-servlets/           "/home/tomcat/lvh/beg-servlets/"

workers2.properties
===================
[shm]
file=/home/apache/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=ERROR
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
logger=logger.file:0

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

#
# could place the following in httpd.conf with JkUriSet
#
[uri:lvh/beg-servlets/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:lvh.mdeggers.org/beg-servlets/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

server.xml
==========
<!-- local virtual host for testing virtual hosting access -->
      <Host name="lvh.mdeggers.org" debug="0" appBase="/home/tomcat/lvh"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

<!-- Aliases short name -->
        <Alias>lvh</Alias>

<!-- access log for this virtual host -->
               directory="logs"  prefix="lvh-access." suffix=".log"
               pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

<!-- shared context log for this virtual host -->
                directory="logs"  prefix="lvh." suffix=".log"
                timestamp="true"/>

      </Host>

If the beg-servlets application had jsp files, then I would need to add
the following lines to workers2.properties.

[uri:lvh/beg-servlets/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:lvh.mdeggers.org/beg-servlets/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

The above configuration maps all jsp and servlets to Tomcat, while
letting Apache httpd serve all other files.  I run both httpd and Tomcat
in the same group (webgroup).  However, each server has its own user id.
Marking the directories 750, and the files 640 solves the access
problems.  In a production setting (this is a development server), I
would probably recommend 550 and 440 for the permissions.  There's
really no reason to allow write access.

Alter the above for your host names and virtual host structure.  I run
three virtual hosts on both httpd and Tomcat.  I am fixing to add ssl to
this mix sometime in the near future.

HTH

/mde/