I'm trying to get Jasper to pre-compile my JSP pages. I've got an Ant
task (swiped from the manual) kicking this off, and it works pretty
well up to a point. However...

This application has a number of pages that are built out of JSP
fragments. Something like this:

<!-- File A -->
<% String s = "foo"; %>
<%@ include file="B.jsp" %>

<!-- File B -->
<% if( s.equalsIgnoreCase("FOO") ) { %>
<P>Foo</P>
<% } %>

Obviously file B isn't valid on its own - it has an undefined label
"s". On the other hand, A is entirely valid.

I can't figure out a way to tell Jasper (via the Ant task) NOT to try
to compile B.jsp on its own, without making B unavailable as an
include to A.

Is there a way to do this? Alternatively is there a reason why I
shouldn't be doing this in the first place?

Thanks,

Dave.