I am having a problem with the way Tomcat handles urls that do not conform
to the standards regarding get parameters..
As we all know this looks like
http://www.myhost.com/someapp/jsp/index.jsp?name=fred&age=10

My problem is that an incoming request url comes in as:
http://www.myhost.com/someapp/jsp/;jsessionid=VVNCLCVNTYOUUCRGAWCCFFAKEYCYKI
V0?_requestid=549
The api however simply removes a part of this and the HttpServletRequest
Object only has _requestid=549 as its get parameter.

So the solution I need is one that will transparently convert  ;jsessionid
into some variable (eg xyz) as the request comes in and then convert this
BACK into ;jessionid on the way out (so the user cannot see any difference,
but I can see the jsessionid variable)

I know there are some solutions using Apache's mod_rewrite, but I would like
to use Tomcat and jk2 (I think this is right).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might approach this problem?

/m

---