On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 11:59, Anderson, M. Paul wrote:
<snip>
> 3.  We currently store passwords in a database in plain text but we now wish
> to encrypt them.

If you look at the underlying code for the web mail client for yahoo.com
for example, you will find a small amount of JavaScript that encrypts
the password on the client side before it is sent to the server.  The
last time I tracked the original source that Yahoo is using, the author
had released the encryption code for people to use.  The site work I'm
currently doing will use similar code.

Hope that helps...

Bob