Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
If you haven't read this already, I suggest
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc/xsltc_performance.html.  And

The only thing I disagree with in the above page is avoiding keys. Perhaps it is a good practice for xsltc, but keys can greatly improve transformation speed and ease xpath statements. You *should* use keys if you have to jump around the source frequently.

While using compiled stylesheets reduces memory usage, I find using a cached Templates object (using Saxon) the best way to go, especially when building the Templates object in the init method. This because if you have any XSL validity errors you will see them immediately.

best,
-Rob

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/doc/JAXPXSLT3.html.

Yoav Shapira Millennium Research Informatics