The Apache Jakarta Tomcat team is proud to announce that after prolonged
testing internally and externally, the 5.5.3 release is now labeled a
Beta release.  That means it's more stable and mature than previous
Alpha releases on the Tomcat 5.5 branch, and we encourage more users to
download and test it.

Please note that it is not yet a stable release.  We expect that with
the wider testing given betas, additional issues will be discovered.
These will be addressed in the coming 5.5 builds and hopefully we will
have a stable release soon.

The changelog, release notes, download locations, and other
documentation is the same as for the original 5.5.3 release
announcement:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/news-2004-2ndHalf.html#20041006.1

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

and notify the sender.  Thank you.