Hi,

I need to send a very very big set of data within a servlet to the users browser. But if the users canceles the transmission or closes its browser I need to cancel writting the data to save resources. But if the user canceles the response during transmission I don't get a SocketWriteException? I had tested this behaviour by executing a endless while loop:

while(true) {

   out.write("Foo");
}

But if the the browser will be closed during receiving the output, tomcat doesn't break the while loop. Why? I thougt at this point tomcat schould throw an exception? Why not?

How can I break writing the output if the user closes it browser? Thank you!

Regards
Stephan