Is there a way of finding out how many commections which are currently active when using a db connection pool? I got this error message in my logs: "Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted". When I increased the number of mxActive the error message of course disappeared. I tripled the number of connections just to make sure that it will not happen again for some while, but I would like to check the value from time to time so I can increase it yet again if that would be necessary or decrease it if I really needed just oldMax + 10.

Regards
Trond Ziarkowski