Hi,

I am using Tomcat4.1, Oracle 8i , and XmlRpc to write an application which
is supposed to take japanese characters an insert them into database.  Is
there any setting in Tomcat4 where i should be giving the encoding option.
And aslo i get the request from the client in the form of xml and pass that
request via xmlrpc and insert into oracle database.
The client sends japanese characters in Unicode , our database has caracter
set of US7ASCII.

select * from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS where parameter = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET';

PARAMETER VALUE
NLS_CHARACTERSET US7ASCII

The data is being inserted as all brackets in  database.'{{{'
Is there any conversion i need to do while inserting in the database.

Please suggest if anyone has any opinions.