The easiest way to do this would be to create a filter on that directory. The filter would either deny access - of it would get the default servlet via the ServletContext.getNamedDispatcher() and then perform a forwards().

-Tim

Chris Lawder wrote:
Hello,

Can somebody please point me to documentaion and examples that describe how to disallow the execution of .jsp or any other scripts/binaries within a single directory of a webapplication? Part of the web app, is being allowed to upload reports which can then be read and downloaded by another. At this time I can upload a .jsp file and it will run in that directory.

I have found much stuff on SecurityManager and syntax within the catalina.policy file but nothing yet that really explains to me what I need to do to accomplish what I described above. My attempts so far at proper catalina.policy systax have not worked.

This is a pure tomcat environment running Tomcat 4.1.30 at this time.

Other comments regarding the proper use of an upload directory and it's security are welcome.