From: "Scott Purcell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Anyway, I am beginning to create a .war file for the code, using ant. I
have read the docs, and it seems easy that
> one should put the .war file under the webapps directory and restart the
server. I do this, but get no luck.

IME, Tomcat will not auto-expand the .war file if the directory structure
already exists.  I use the Manager app to remove the existing webapp, (which
deletes the .war file and the directory structure,) then deploy the new .war
file, which expands and starts.

--
Wendy Smoak