Thanks very much all working, the problem was I had removed docbase paramter not hinking it was needed because the code was hosted directly under webapps.
BTW username is correct in TC4.

My context is privileged just because I copied it from somehwere else without knowing what it meant, no good reason.

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,

1. How do I stop the window started my Catalina from disappearing so I
can see what the problem is.

Use "catalina.bat run" instead of startup.bat (which calls "catalina.bat start").

2. In Tomcat 4.0 can I have a config file for my application rather

than

adding it to server.xml

No.

3. I am using the mysqllConnectector 3.15 driver does this work with
Tomcat 4.0.

Yes.

4. Are pooling connections configured the same in 4 as 5 or not below I
have listed the contents of my xml file from Tomcat 5.

Mostly the same, but some attribute names are different.

<Context path="/kijil" displayname="kijil" debug="0" privileged="true">

Why is your context privileged?

<parameter>
<name>username</name>
<value>kijil</value>
</parameter>

Try changing name to "user" instead of "username" -- I believe this was a change made in DBCP.

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.