Before you spend too much time and energy with the connectors... do you
definitely need to connect with Apache Httpd?

Depending on your needs, running Tomcat behind another webserver might
not only be unnecessary but less efficient than running as a standalone.

The recent performance gains in both Java and Tomcat have made a lot of
the older advise about needing to run behind another webserver in
production obsolete.