> What escapes me is, why is this not more obviously documented?
> Perhaps it's in the Tomcat docs but I mostly abandoned those some time
> ago as they are so amazingly detailed and lengthy that unless you want
> to become a TC guru, which I am inspired to try and be more like,
> there is simply too much info.

How can you post a paragraph like that and expect to be taken seriously?
In one breath, you complain about something not being documented, then
state that you don't read the documentation because it's too detailed?

How can you know what is or isn't obviously documented if you don't read
the documentation?