Thanks for your reply Tim.

Tim Penhey wrote:

Andrew Watters wrote:

In this case the webapps directory is entirely empty, I delete the ROOT folder as part of the publish procedure and there are no other apps configured except for the manager and admin ones.

What about the XML configuration file in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
Does it specify the name of the correct war file?

The only files in here are admin.xml and manager.xml. Should I have something for ROOT?

As Yoav mentioned, look at the Host element in the /conf/server.xml file. Specifically the values for unpackWARs and autoDeploy.

I think this is configured correctly. I have

<Host name="localhost" debug="9" appBase="webapps"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

I have also set all debug leverls in /conf/server.xml and /conf/web.xml to 9. I don't see any indication of errors in any of the generated logs or in the command window.

Tim