Hi,
The ResourceParams nested elements are history, it's all in the Resource
element now.  See the new configuration page at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples
-howto.html.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

crossContext="true">

>  <Resource name="jdbc/DCCDS" auth="Container"
>
>            type="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"/>
>

>  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/DCCDS">
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>factory</name>
>
>          <value>org.apache.naming.factory.BeanFactory</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>driverClass</name>
>
>          <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>jdbcUrl</name>
>

><value>jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.60:3306/dcc_dev?autoReconnect=true;</valu
e>

>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>user</name>
>
>          <value>mark</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>password</name>
>
>          <value>xxxxxxx</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>minPoolSize</name>
>
>          <value>5</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>maxPoolSize</name>
>
>          <value>15</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>      <parameter>
>
>          <name>acquireIncrement</name>
>
>          <value>5</value>
>
>      </parameter>
>
>  </ResourceParams>
>

></Context>
>

>Here the relevant part of the web.xml file:
>

>  <resource-ref>
>
>      <description>DB Connection On My Sql</description>
>
>      <res-ref-name>jdbc/DCCDS</res-ref-name>
>
>      <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>
>      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>
>  </resource-ref>
>

>When I make the following call in java:
>

>envCtx.lookup("jdbc/DCCDS");
>

>I get the exception:
>

>javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
>
>org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFac
tory
>.
>java:132)
>        javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown
Source)

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Mark

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately