The machine name should work as long as they're connecting via DNS.  Is your
test case using the IP or DNS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Cole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 12:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SSL Certificate configuration

The CN is the name of the machine, i.e. mis1. I haven't tried the IP yet,
but as people will connect via the DNS entry will that resolve to a correct
certificate entry in people's browsers? Yes, I know they will have to import
the root CA but that's for later.

Thanks,

Rob Cole

+44 (0)20 754 51117

                      "Hubble,
                      Christopher"                To:       "'Tomcat Users
List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <CHRISTOPHER.L.HUBBL        cc:
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 Subject:  RE: SSL
Certificate configuration

                      09/11/2004 15:19
                      Please respond to
                      "Tomcat Users List"

BTW, I believe that the CN of your cert needs to be your machines IP or
domain, whichever is used to connect.