The only two things I have found that work are
putting the jar directly in a classpath, and
putting the jar in jre1.2\lib\ext.  I've started
really liking the lib\ext, because I don't have to
create huge CLASSPATHs.

-Jim

-------
I have a servlet that requires classes from xalan.jar. I've tried
placing
this JAR file in TOMCAT_HOME/lib, WEB-INF/lib, in the CLASSPATH and
nothing seems to work. When the servlet runs it invariably fails with a
NoClassDefFound exception when it tries to access
org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.

Any advice on how to get tomcat to see JAR files required by a servlet?
Thanks,

Michael