What is the easiest way to monitor hits to resources
(files or pages) on my tomcat 5 server?

Do I write my own ticker into each page I want to
monitor and store the incremented value to a database?

Or is there a much simpler solution already
implimented in some tomcat management software (I have
never used any of the pre-installed software, and have
actually been disabling it.  A book recommended it not
be installed for security purposes on a production
server-- they could be wrong, I know).

Any suggestions?

Justin Jaynes