Hi All,

Well, I finally have Tomcat 5.5.4 running my application with NTLM
authentication and logging. One final hurdle remains and that is requests and
the web application context.

It appears that if I make a request to my web application with

http://testserver/loadPage.do

it does not work. When I say does not work, I mean I get a blank page back.

When I request

http://testserver/iq/loadPage.do

i.e adding the context name, it works.

I am assuming this is configuration. I have iq.xml located in
tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost. The entry looks like this...

<Context path="" docBase="/iq" reloadable="true">

        <Resource name="jdbc/iq" auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                username="usr" password="pw"
                driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://testserver:1433/db_iQ;charset=Cp1252;TDS=7.0"
                maxActive="8" maxIdle="4" maxWait="10000"
validationQuery="SELECT 1 + 1" />
</Context>

This is how 5.0.28 used to be setup in terms of path="" and docBase="/iq". I
looked at the 5.5 docs but path and docBase appear to be used in the same way.

I have also deleted ROOT from webapps.

Can anyone suggest why I am having to add my web application name into URLs?

Cheers!

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055