O.k. I just found out that I can force wscompile to add the implementation of Serializable to all datatypes (xSerializable="true")... however the part about older apps is still relevant.

peter maas wrote:

Hi list,

I have been experimenting with the clustering options for a while. The main issue I seem to encounter over and over again is synchronizing objects which do not implement the serializable interface. Since we are using the jwsdp wscompile tool to generate source code based on a wsdl we have tons of beans generated which do not implement the Serializable interface (allthough, since they are sent over SOAP the can be serialized). If we want to connect suchs a bean to a session, I would have to modify the auto generated code or write adapter beans.
Also it would mean that if I want to use older applications (for which we are not sure if they implement the Serializable interface) in a cluster setup, I would have to modify and recompile them!

Is there a way to enable replication based on introspection if the Serialization interface is not implemented? Any other ideas?

--

Peter Maas
Application Architect / Streaming

Noterik Multimedia BV