Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response
content type "text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1", must be :
"text/xml". Response was:
Tomcat/4.1.30 - Error report</tit

Your error seems to point to the type  text/html.
Apache SOAP uses POST and type text/xml.  I don't know
how your program spits out text/html.  I tried same
tutorial and it works for me.
  Also there is a tool called tcpmon thats very
helpful in seeing whats being sent (HTTP) towards
Tomcat and Tomcats HTTP response.

aka_sergio