Specify -Xms128M and -Xmx384M ... the M stands for megabytes.

On Nov 15, 2004, at 10:22 AM, Steven Lister wrote:

First time caller, long time listener.  :)
Have a couple of questions about JAVA_OPT settings in catalina.sh.
First one is I was looking at -server cached and tested that out and got nothing, tomcat didnt start a process.
Next is -Xms128 -Xmx384 gives me an error of  "Error occurred during initialization of VM  Too small initial heap"
Tomcat wont start with either of these flags set in JAVA_OPTS.

Mufaddal