Howdy,
I am running tomcat as a service. How do I set options for the JVM to run.
In particular, I wish to monitor
garbage collection as I have run into a problem in my JNI/PowerBuilder
Native Interface code that may
be related to garbage collection.The problem is this..

When I run a standalone JNI app that accesses powerbuilder code, the app
runs fine. When I run it in a webapp,
It runs ok, as long as I am calling the servlet that accesses my JNI code
quickly. When I wait 20 seconds and hit submit, the
code hangs inside the PowerBuilder native code - BUT ONLY IF I WAIT A LITTLE
WHILE.
I know that the JVM gc should only cleanup java objects, but I would still
like to see what is going on.

how do I set -verbose:gc, and where can I see the output?
Is there any other way to monitor the garbage collector that would give more
detail?

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(530)886-1700x235
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."