Thanks for you're help but I still can't get it working yet.  I downloaded and
compiled j2k and I think at this point it is a properties configuration issue,
but I'm not sure.

This is the line I added to http.conf
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

>From the apache error log,

[Thu Nov 18 13:03:13 2004] [notice] Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.4
configured -- resuming normal operations

So it looks like it loaded but with wrong configuration.

This is my j2.properties file,
# Set the desired handler list
handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

apr.jniModeSo=/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

This is my workers.properties file, (located in the same directory as http.conf)
-------------------------------------
[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Alternate file logger
#[logger.file:0]
#level=DEBUG
#file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=0

[lb:lb_1]
info=A second load balancer.
debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=localhost
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[channel.socket:localhost:8019]
info=A second tomcat instance.
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8019
lb_factor=1
#group=lb
group:lb:lb
#group=lb_1
group:lb:lb_1
disabled=0

[channel.un:/opt/33/work/jk2.socket]
info=A second channel connecting to localhost:8019 via unix socket
tomcatId=localhost:8019
lb_factor=1
debug=0

[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[vm:]
info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
#JVM=C:\jdk\jre\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll
classpath=${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/tomcat-jni.jar
classpath=${TOMCAT_HOME}/server/lib/commons-logging.jar
OPT=-Dtomcat.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Dcatalina.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Xmx128M
#OPT=-Djava.compiler=NONE
disabled=1

[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
# For Tomcat 5 use the 'stard' for startup argument
# ARG=stard
disabled=1
stdout=${serverRoot}/logs/stdout.log
stderr=${serverRoot}/logs/stderr.log

[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop
disabled=1

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:/examples]
info=Example webapp in the default context.
context=/examples
debug=0

# POR added
[uri:/iat/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/examples/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

[uri:/examples1/*]
info=A second webapp, this time going to the second tomcat only.
group=lb_1
debug=0

[uri:/examples/servlet/*]
info=Prefix mapping

[uri:/examples/*.jsp]
info=Extension mapping

[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

[uri:/examples/servlet/HelloW]
info=Example with debug enabled.
debug=10
---------------------------------------

Where do you configure tomcat with the correct 'context'?
Do you know how to auto generate the properties file with
/tomcat/bin/startup.sh -jkconf?

Thank you,
Peter

QM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:23:14AM -0500, Peter O'Reilly wrote:
>:  I can browse my website, www.123.com, but when I click a button the servlet
>I need to execute doesn't and I get a Apache error.  I know its a connector
>issue because I can browse www.123.com:8080/mydir and get to the site, click
>the button, and the servlet does what it's supposed.
>:
>: Can someone outline the steps and file I need to configure?  I've read the
>documents and can't get this to work...
>
>For such a question, it *really* helps for you to post the relevant
>config files. In this case, those would be the mod_jk configs.
>
>You could also be kind and explain what connector you use (jk vs jk2).
>
>-QM
>
>--
>
>software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
>tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com