Norris Shelton wrote:
We have the manager app for each of our contexts set-up to use
the DB to authenticate users.  Unfortunately, it is using TONS
of connections.  Over an 8 min period, it used 1200 connections.
 We have 2 boxes, each with 16 contexts with their own manager
context.  Here is what the manager context of each of them looks
like:
          <Context docBase="../../server/webapps/manager"
path="/manager"
                privileged="true">

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"

You might want to try to DataSourceRealm, which would pull its connection from a pool.

Seth