Hi,
  I'm getting the following error when trying to run Embedded tomcat
v5.5.4 (I have modified Embedded.java to print out the error)

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.setProperty(IntrospectionUt
ils.java:267)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.createConnector(Embedded.java:41
6)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.createConnector(Embedded.java:35
7)

  When I furthur trace Embedded.java, I found that the error is cause
by the following if else statement where it do not consider the case
for protocol.equals("http"), causing connector remain as null

public Connector createConnector(String address, int port,
                                     String protocol) {
            if (protocol.equals("ajp")) {
                connector = new
Connector("org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler");
            } else if (protocol.equals("memory")) {
                connector = new
Connector("org.apache.coyote.memory.MemoryProtocolHandler");
            } else if (protocol.equals("https")) {
                connector = new Connector();
                connector.setScheme("https");
                connector.setSecure(true);
                // FIXME !!!! SET SSL PROPERTIES
            }
}

  As a workaround, I have added the following and it works properly:

else if (protocol.equals("http")) {
                connector = new Connector();
                connector.setScheme("http");
                connector.setSecure(false);
            }

  Hope to get advice from all tomcat user regarding the issue and the
resolution.

  Thank you

--
Regards,