From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: Servlet mapping problem.

Hi,

><form action="/the_context/loginResponse.do" method="post">
>
>name: <input type="text" name="adminPassword">
>
><input type="submit">
>
></form>

I meant the server-side code, not the HTML output.

>Q. Accordingly, how do you generate this <form> element?
>A. I'm not sure what you mean, it's just a hard-coded HTML form.

It shouldn't be.  Try a relative URL instead.

>Q. I assume you don't have the webapp's name hard-coded
>A. Hard-coded where? In the forms' action attribute? If so, is that a
>problem?

It's poor design that limits your portability and presents a possible
problem if your server configuration doesn't match your hard-coded
value.  For example, if could be that Tomcat is deploying your webapp at
a different path, then you would get a 404...

Yoav

sender.  Thank you.