Hi,
Yeah, I'd classify that as "odd" and beyond.  A 500-class error,
specifically a 503, is an UnavailableException.  Tomcat always logs
those and their root cause, precisely because they're a dead-end as
you've noticed.

The Roller installation instructions call for Tomcat and work for me:
http://www.rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallationGuide.
Try following them, starting with a clean install from scratch.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> If the startup fails with a 500-class error, one thing that's
pointless
>> is to try starting it up again ;)  Instead, look at your logs to see
the
>> cause for the error, and fix it.  Until then there's nothing to
start,
>> stop, or restart.
>>
>> If you're unsure what to do after looking at the log, post it here
and
>> we can try to help.
>>
>> Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

intended
system
>and notify the sender.  Thank you.
>>

>--
>

>"You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep."
>
>~Native Proverb~
>
>"Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be
>crows."
>
>~Hunkesni (Sitting Bull), Hunkpapa Sioux~

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately