Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to start tryiong to
debug Tomcat and see what this NullPointer is.
Let me know if you get anywhere and I'll do the same.

One thing I've read about and experienced was bad
performance with IBM's vm on Linux w/ Tomcat. You
might want to try Sun's vm and see if it gets any
better.

Regardless though, I still think something's buggy
in Tomcat.

bill

--- "Lucero, Frank J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I'm doing about the same thing.  I'm running the
> following:
> apache 1.3.19
> Tomcat 3.2.1
> IBMJava2-SDK-1.3-5.0.i386.rpm
> classes12.zip (from Oracle)
>
> I am using LoadRunner with a 100 simulated users
> accessing 9 Oracle JSPs.
> I'm running
> this 100 times. It fails about 8 out of 10 times.
>
> What i have found is that even if you only run 10
> users, but run
> the scenario 1000 and it fails at about half way
> through.
>
> I've been running with both mod_jk in Apache and
> also native tomcat with the
> same results
> so I'm sure the problem is with tomcat.  ...but not
> sure exactly where or
> what to do to fix
> it.  If you find anything, please let me know.
> regards,

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection