Von: Michael McQuade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. November 2004 16:31
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Tomcat and Servlets - DESPERATE for help

Hi folks,  I pray someone can tell me something here.....  Im writing an
application in Servlets using Tomcat....  Heres my scenario.....

I display a User Login screen,  ID and Password on an HTML form,  user
enters data,   the submit button executes the program to verify the Users
information....  Obvioulsy if its wrong,  it redisplays the screen,   or
correct,  it carries on into the application.....  SO,  if the user info is
correct,   it CALLS another program to build and display the users data,
menu,  etc......

This all works just fine,  EXCEPT.    when it builds the new User screen,
it is building it BELOW (i.e. same browser page)  as the User Login
screen.....  Obviously this User Login screen should be gone,  and I should
just see the new results....

Ok,   if the User validation process failed (i.e.  invalid id or password)
my program just redisplays the log in screen,  well,   same happens,  a NEW
login screen,  gets bulit below the Original log in screen.....

can ANYONE PLEASSSSSSSSE help me here.....  Does Tomcat need to kill the
Servlet session?  to know it needs to refresh the Browser?

This is killing me here, Im desperate to get this resolved so I can move
forward with my app,  I thank you all for any help you can give me....
Have a wonderful day, Merry Christmas....

Mike