> From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roman D
> Subject: Tomcat not starting using startup.bat
>
> Tomcat 5.0.28, Windows XP
> System global environment variables set:
> JAVA_HOME = c:/j2sdk1.4.2_04
> CATALINA_HOME = C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.0

You can try putting quotation marks around any paths containing embedded
spaces, but I'm not positive that will fully resolve the problem.

set CATALINA_HOME="C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.0"

Also make sure you don't have spaces around the = in any set commands you might
use - the space before the = becomss part of the variable name, and the space
after is part of the value.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.