Valves (and other custom components, like Realms) written for TC 5.0.x will
at the very least have to be re-compiled to work for TC 5.5.x.  More likely,
there will have to be code changes to make them work.  That's just the price
you pay for relying on TC internals ;-).

"David Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dear Folks,

I have a test request filter on TC5.0.29. It is defined in server.xml as
follows and it works:

conf\server.xml:

 <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">
 <Valve className="com.oreilly.tomcat.valves.BadInputFilterValve"
 deny="\x00,\x04,\x08,\x0a,\x0d"/>
 </Context>

How do I move this context into TC5.5.3, I tried to put it into
conf\context.xml file and I saw
the errors when I started TC5.5.3. I struggle for a while and still
don't know how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help

David Lee