Peter Neu wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm using form authentication to log on the users to my website.
Until now I was using Mozilla Firefox for developement but
now I came across this problem that Firefox doesn't allow
a clean log in and always redirects to the error.jsp. The
authentication is correct because it works with the IE.

Does anyone have  this problem, too ? If not this means
I can't serve any Firfox clients.

Are you sure you're doing it right?

No offence, but I've seen FORMs that seemingly worked on IE, but refused to work on Mozilla and vice versa. Your FORM should (or must, depending how you feel about standards) be HTML 4.0 correct.

You should also try to find out what is actually being sent dfferently. A sniffer or a filter on the Tomcat could do that. Or just direct the form to some JSP that will print out the request parameters.

Nix.