Hello,
    I assume you are evaluating other frameworks, may
I suggest you look into Apache Cocoon project. It
started as a web publishing framework, and can do MVC
as Struts can, but if you have a need to provide
output to different formats WAP, PDF, Microsoft Excel,
SVG formats, just about anything ("anything" is
probably in the works :; )  here are the links to get
started:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HowTos
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&b=200411&w=4

--- "Trond G. Ziarkowski"