5.5.5 is about to be tagged "soon." (See the dev list)

If there are no showstoppers in that release - I (IMO) would say its realistic to start consider moving your 5.0.X releases to 5.5. But be warned that if you have custom modules (valves, realms, etc) against 5.0 - you will need to recompile them (and of course test).

-Tim

David Boyer wrote:

We've been using Tomcat 5.0.x in production for the past nine months or
so. There appear to be numerous benefits to moving to 5.5.x, not the
least of which being that it's the current focus of development.
With 5.5.4 being labeled 'stable', I'm interested in moving our sites
to 5.5.x.
Is 5.5.4 being regarded as being at least as stable/reliable as
5.0.28?
Thanks!