From: Mladen Turk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: November 29, 2004 11:39 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: What Connector Should I Use?

Phillip Qin wrote:
> I think the "other reason" cited in the news does not apply to me. I
> use jk2. I like it because it is easy to configure.

You are the first one saying that :).

> Of course, if people already
> have the jk configure in production, why would they bother upgrading
> to jk2 and creating a new learning curve? Look at how many sites still
> use Apache 1.3.

Also things like pluggable protocol never went trough socket channel, and
that already works very well in the jk connector.

Instead of trying to fix all that we decided to move forward and integrate
ajp protocol directly inside the httpd's core as an extensions to proxy
module. This new feature will be available out-of-the-box within apache2.2.

As said in the news section. We'll continue to fully support jk for all
other web servers, and backport all the good stuff from jk2 (probably even
the unix sockets). A lots of work has already been done in that direction,
like new load balancer algorithm, socket timeouts, extensive logging, bug
fixing, etc...

Regards,
Mladen Turk.