On Tuesday 30 November 2004 01:32, Steve Procter wrote:
> We have a web application that uses jsps.  We want to deliver the
> application to the customer without source for the jsps.  We have done
> this in the past by putting all of the compiled jsps into a jar file.

Hi,

Hate to burst your bubble, but because you put it in a jar file doesn't mean
that the source is protected.

JAR files can be opened with WinZIP, tar, and jar.

Jar files are merely convenient ways of storing/distributing/installing Java
code and packages.

> Recently we had to move the application jar files from
> webapps/appname/WEB-INF/lib to common/lib because we implemented our own
> realm which uses our object repository; since it has to be installed in
> server/lib, the code for the repository cannot be installed under the
> web application directory.
>
> When the application is installed in common/lib it is not able to load
> the compiled jsp files.  They are installed in common/lib/.
>
> Does anyone have an idea about why these classes are not visible?

My suggestion is to rather move your functionality into Java classes and use
the JSP pages to present the information to the client.

> Thanks,
>
> --Steven
Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                -- Wernher von Braun